Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 October 2008

Cold Weather.

This is Birthday last night in his usual position, lying on Romas' lap on his back . Romas has kindly tucked a blanket over him for extra comfort. Pampered cat! He is so relaxed when he is at home and enjoys having his tummy stroked. And yet most of the time he lives out in the fields.


Last night it snowed in London, the last October snow was in 1934. It wasn't that cold here, just grey and miserable and it's now raining heavily.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1081135/One-dead-thousands-power-October-snow-London-74-YEARS-Arctic-blast-sweeps-UK.html

I had to go to South Molton this morning and then had 4 hours to fill before a doctor's appointment. I decided it wasn't worth going home for an hour and a half so first I took the scenic road back through Filleigh and Swimbridge instead of zooming down the Link Road at 60mph. There were some nice autumnal colours but nothing spectacular and the light was very flat and grey so I didn't take any pictures. I was listening to Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas Tallis which made the journey into an amazing experience. Good thing there was no traffic because I was in another zone. I then spent 2 hours mooching around all the shops in Barnstaple and ended up buying ...... 2 birthday cards. At least I know now that there isn't anything I want to buy in town. I also dropped into Tesco's where strangely a large black cat was sitting in the middle of the entrance and everybody had to manoeuver their trollies around it. I did stop and give it a stroke just to check if it was injured or something but it seemed quite content and was wearing a collar so perhaps it was just waiting for somebody.
I dropped the boys off in town so they could do their own shopping before heading off to the pub. They were trying to get the ingredients to make smoke bombs but luckily they weren't able to buy most of the things they wanted. ( Note to government censors reading this blog..... they are NOT making bombs.) Not a joke, the government has or will be getting the right to read everybody's emails as well as web searches. My cold is making me feel rough so that was all I did today

2 comments:

happyone said...

Birthday - an unusual name for a cat. :-)
But oh sooo cute!!!

Catching the Magic said...

Love the photograph of Birthday and sorry to hear you're full of cold. Hope you feel better soon and the weather warms up a touch too, Sarah x