Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 October 2008

Spot the Difference.

A whole day spent decorating!
So far I've - painted the ceiling - not much fun painting a whitish textured ceiling white. It was really hard to see which bits I had done.
- stuck on some tiles, painted over the mural, and papered 1 and 1/2 walls. I now know why it's been over 10 years since I last put up paper. It's not my thing. I'm good at tiling and painting and even basic carpentry , but I struggle with paperhanging. Still, only half a wall to go and no more switches or sockets to trim around.
Look carefully at this picture, On the right is a wall painted with a subtle shade of white, 'ivory', carefully chosen to tone in with the base colour of the curtains. On the left - a wall newly papered with lining paper ( those are shadows not bubbles). Can you see a difference? We can't. But I will paint the lining paper now that I have actually bought the paint.




It has rained for most of the day but in a dry spell, after the man had been to service the central heating boiler and sort out a valve problem, I took a few flower pictures in the garden.

This is a pretty hardy geranium called Roxane with another scrambling, trailing geranium that has romped all over the flower bed. These geraniums have been flowering since the beginning of summer.




Ceratostigma, a late flowering shrub.

2 comments:

GemmieV said...

hiya, with all ur flowers you have a good chance to take some photos from underneath, pictures taken from ground level pointing up the stalk of a flower with light coming through the petals look really cool if u get it right :D
I got some pics up of the mystery film :D
xoxo

we should go to the zoo soon :) do you work eveyday? I might be able to get a wednesday off to go to the zoo..
xx

GemmieV said...

where ever is fine, I don't know what weekend im free coz im usually in plymouth, maybe i can come up after college one day and we can go to valley of the rocks and take photos of the sunset.