Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 October 2008

Last of the Summer Wildflowers.

On my way to work this morning I had to wait while Mr Lewis' cows crossed the road. These lovely ladies are the main reason my car is filthy again even though it was only washed a few days ago. I feel obliged to wash the micra because it is a girlie car, unlike my old landrover which only got washed when the firemen were doing a charity wash day. I taught all day, 2 different classes so 2 lots of p.e. which is good for me as it is something I have to work harder at than other areas of the curriculum.
The weather continues to be variable with occasional heavy showers. The winds are hastening the onset of autumn so I thought I'd show some wild flowers that were still in bloom a few days ago.









The blackberries had fruit and flowers on the same plants but this summer was so bad there wasn't a good crop of blackberries .



The Himalayan Balsam isn't a native wild flower but there are long stretches of it up on the road. If you gently touch the ripe seed heads they explode violently with an audible snap, - great fun.
I didn't manage to identify this weird looking caterpillar.

No comments: