Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 4 October 2008

A Rainy Saturday.

I got held up by these tractors shifting big bales as I drove to town to collect Romas this morning. His bus from Bude was 1 1/2 hours late because a tractor had tried to get past and got the trailer wheels stuck under the bus. In the end a second bus had to be sent out to rescue the passengers.
Pete brought home his new car last night. He changed cars to save on fuel costs and also on the lease cost. He has to drive around all of South Devon for work and the pitiful mileage allowance does not cover the actual fuel costs. It isn't as fast as the last car (Mazda 5 sport turbo) but there is a 70 mph limit anyway, which I'm sure he never exceeded.


Despite the constant rain Romas decided to do some work on the drive. The camera angle has flattened out the slope but it is pretty steep. I had started catching the underneath of the car on the grass hump in the middle and one track is much lower than the other. We decided the best solution was to remove the grass and soil and rake the stones level. We (Romas), may end up doing this right to the top of the drive.

I went out and did a flower count in the garden on the 1st of October and there were 41 different types of flower, some just hanging on and some still looking pretty good. So here are a few pictures taken this week.










A corner of the scree garden which was once a swimming pool. In the winter when there are fewer plants the stones take on their own beauty especially when they are wet.

2 comments:

Frank said...

wow love your pictures, the one of you or a lady digging is really cool, love the feel you have in your work , nice Donavan song touch as well , keep up the good work ,

Domestic Executive said...

I think you must have an amazing garden Ruta. This is the first time I've got any sense of the wonder you've created. The close ups on the flowers are all very nice (really!) but I love to see the wider context. Just call me nosey if you like.