Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Autumn Showers.

Lots of heavy showers today, interspersed with a few sunny spells. There are lots of berries on the trees which is supposed to foretell a cold winter but is probably more to do with the summer weather. I taught all day today. It poured down straight after play this afternoon, soaking the parents who were beginning to come in to collect the kids. The little boy who was in my class last year who has leukemia is home from hospital and came to school to collect his little brother. He is very bloated from the steroids but seems cheerful in himself. I just pray that he will make a full recovery. The sun shone brightly on the way home tonight but by the time I got to the top of the drive the clouds were returning and just a patch of the landscape was illuminated as if by a spotlight.


3 comments:

GemmieV said...

hi ruta, its gem, check out my picture site, i got some really cute pic of the cats on there that you might like :D see you at the weekend xx
http://www.flickr.com/people/gemmiev/

happyone said...

I pray that the little boy makes a complete recovery too!!
The patch work field looks beautiful. Reminds me of a quilt.

Domestic Executive said...

Rain seems to be a common phenomena. Pity I can't send the Wellington wind over to you!

As for the muddy paws on carpets....bassets are banned from carpeted areas. We have some indestructable tiles in our kitchen/family room which is where they are mainly and although I am best friends with the mop it's a lot less stressful!