Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 31 October 2008

Happy Birthday Romas .

Today is Romas' birthday.!
His brother gave him 30 bars of chocolate and by request I made 12 of them into a giant chocolate brick. He, Jake and Linas started on this for breakfast accompanied by chocolate icecream and coffee in various combinations. I can think of worse things a 19 year old could be doing. He has the rest of his band staying over, (they are doing a photo shoot with Gemma tomorrow), and they have spent the day shooting each other with air rifles. I cooked an enormous pasta bake, followed by a chocolate gateau which hopefully will have lined their stomachs for the drinking session I know they have planned for this evening outside in the barbecue area.
Gemma and I had fun looking through Romas' photo albums and I managed to narrow my selection down to just a few to share with all of you out there.

Aged 27 weeks, in our garden in London.

Not quite 2 years old out on Wanstead Flats with ...... Sprite?


2 years old and absolutely gorgeous.




3 and a half and full of mischief.



4 years old with little puppy Zulu.
I wonder how the front door got so muddy?



7 years old with Zulu.







15?




16? looking a little exhausted after several hours surfing.









19 today!
All grown up into a handsome young man.

3 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Happy Birthday to Romas! Looks like a fun weekend you all have planned and well done Ruta on all the baking and cooking! Hope you get some nice weather and have lots of fun. Those photographs are so special - such treasures capturing a moment in time.

Best wishes, Sarah

happyone said...

Happy Birthday Romas.
Wow that's a lot of chocolate! I don't even want to think about how many calories there are in all that chocolate! :-)
They grow up much too fast don't they!?

Ruta M. said...

Re chocolate- luckily Romas is very active and when he gets bored he takes off for a run or a long bike ride. Unlike his aged mother there is not an ounce of fat on him, and I'm working on my diet and fitness. My kness are pretty bad so my fitness routine involves lots of sit-ups and weights and I'm seeing results.