Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 October 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane.

It was pouring with rain this morning but there was the bonus of an extra hour in bed because of the clocks changing to winter time. ( Note that I've avoided the trap of trying to remember if the clocks are going back or forwards, it's the extra lie-in time that matters.) Probably because of the weather I had my usual nasty headache so once we came back from church I scheduled a quiet indoors afternoon going through my packets of negatives and trying to date them prior to scanning them with my handy gizmo thingy. The negatives only date back to 1993 so somewhere there is a folder of all the baby and toddler photos as well as holiday pictures from earlier days. Of course there were lots of photos to look at as well and ooh and aah over, especially cute kitten photos. It was amazing to see how much the garden has developed in the last 15 years. And of course seeing how the boys have changed though they were never keen to be photographed. I have so many albums for each of the boys as well as books for friends and family and the garden but it will be so much better to have all the pictures on the pc.
Later on a stroll around the garden I discovered that the 'sunset' filter on my camera gave me a more natural colour for the autumn colours of the leaves on the beech trees.


As we drove down the hill I spotted this heron in the field, and as we came round the corner a sparrow hawk flew in front of us but my camera doesn't focus that quickly so no picture.
I had been hoping for a few days of lovely peace as Romas is down in Bude but he's phoned to say that several of them will be returning tomorrow. I can see lots of work time spent in the garden, the weather is set to turn very cold this week but that just means putting more layers on.
Last night's rain was so extreme that thousands of competitors in an tough fell race had to be rescued off the moors and about 750 are known to have spent the night out there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/7691893.stm

2 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Lovely photographs capturing nature at its best as always. I read about the fell race and it takes me back to a wild day out on the hills with my Dad when we feared being blown off and were close to roping up! Glad everyone was okay in the end.

happyone said...

We change our clocks back here this Sunday.
I remember which way to change the clock with this:
Spring ahead, Fall back.