Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 November 2008

Autumn Tidying.

The weather today was much the same as yesterday so I managed another couple of hours working in the garden. The tallest of the sedums get very heavy when they're wet and flop over onto the other plants so I'll have to cut them back if I don't want a slimy mess to clear up in the spring. I cut some to dry(I will eventually get round to painting the wall above the tiles which I put up 12 years ago!) , for a big art project that is going on at school using only natural materials. Although I will be doing a lot of art with the children this term it will all have been planned by the class teachers but once I have have my full time class I can let my imagination run free. Last year I managed to sneak in a lot more art than the curriculum guidelines for year2, (from the government) tells you to do, by planning everything with cross-curricular links. I'm already looking forward to our arts weeks. Originally it was just 1 week but last year it went to 2 weeks and our head told us to put everything aside and spend the whole time on the arts, on any themes we liked, fantastic.
This afternoon while we ate a Peter's special curry, with side dishes, we watched Star Wars IV on the tv. We still recall how impressed we were seeing it on an enormous screen in Leicester Square when it first opened back in 1977. Apart from the heavy make up it hasn't dated at all. The boys grew up with the videos and watched them so many times they wore out the tapes.
As we were watching on tv, (we do also have the dvds), we had to put up with the adverts and I thought this one for Trainline was quite amusing and might be familiar to anyone in NZ.


5 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Charli LOVES Star Wars and we're watching the DVD's all the time - she's gained a great knowledge very fast - fantastic fun!

Did you know the train station in the ad. was Wellington?! I couldn't believe it - had to do a double take!

x

Catching the Magic said...

Also meant to say how much I enjoyed seeing the plants hanging to dry - there's something so magical about that scene and the children you teach are very blessed to have you. It sounds like you work in a lovely school. Sarah x

Marrisa said...

I have never seen that ad! Very funny and interesting to know it was Welly station (thanks Sarah!).

Tapes??? What are those then!? I had to explain literally to Bethany what they did when we saw some at a friends house, she has never seen them before!! xx

Ruta M. said...

Apparently they filmed in NZ, not so much because there are lots of sheep there but because they had their wool at the time that they wanted to film while the sheep in the UK had already been shorn.

Domestic Executive said...

Doesn't it look Wellington station look big?! How funny, thanks for sharing.