Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 November 2008

Wet All Day.

On the 1st of November I counted 23 types of flower still hanging on though after all the recent bed weather I expect some of them will have given up for the winter. On the house wall is this winter jasmine which only started flowering a few weeks ago and should continue to put on a cheerful show for many weeks.
It was a wet and miserable day with the children being stuck in their classroom all day and only getting out for a run in the afternoon playtime. The children with packed lunches even ate their lunch in the classroom instead of in the hall, I'm not sure why. This always makes the classroom humid and smelling of food. I took refuge in the staffroom. It was completely dark as drove home because I had gone over to Brian Ford's,(a local cut price (sometimes) food store) to do my food shopping. The selection varies a lot but sometime you can get excellent bargains and when something is going cheap I fill up the freezer. It is always much quieter on Thursday evenings than on Fridays. This may be linked to the fact that Fridays used to be cattle market day and it is still the main day for fruit, vegetables and plants in the Pannier Market and includes farmers' stalls.
Now I'm off to complete the accessories for my costume, photos tomorrow - maybe.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Can't wait for costume pics - the sky views are excellent. I so need a better camera to do justice to the sunsets we've been having this week.

happyone said...

There's always more people here too doing their shopping on Friday. I find Wednesday to be the least crowded day.
Enjoy your weekend.