Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 November 2008

Tarka Trail.

Today I was awarded The Uber Amazing Blog Award , thank you Sarah. It is given to sites who:
- inspire you,
- make you smile and laugh,
- or any other reason that makes them uber amazing.

The rules of the award are:
- nominate at least 5 blogs that for you are uber amazing,
-let them know they have received this award by commenting on this blog
-share the love and link to this post and to the person you received this award from.
so here are the blogs I'm awarding The Uber Amazing Blog Award to, in no particular order:
Domestic Executive Julie and her husband are Brits who have moved to New Zealand and built their own home(not literally), a dream we have in this household. Julie takes amazing photos of her life, home, garden, beautiful surroundings and especially of her 2 very comic Basset Hounds.
Confessions of a Pioneer Woman Ree lives on a working cattle ranch in the USA and is home schooling her 4 children. She takes amazing photos , has a wicked sense of humour and her blog/site is a work of art .
The Farmer's Wife Suzanne lives in the countryside in Maryland? Her blog is varied with all sorts of interesting snippets about her life and a lot of craft ideas.
HappyOne is a lovely lady who lives in the USA. She walks 6 miles every morning and seems to meet all sorts of interesting people. She posts superb photos taken on her walks and also photos of her new house that is being built.
Cesca is a lively New Zealand lass with a great attitude to life. She has 2 children and her husband had a major pedestrian v car accident very recently yet she is so positive. I'm also so glad to have found someone who gives housework the same lack of priority that I do. Her blog always makes me smile .

I had to have a quick lesson from Linas on hyperlinks as up till now Ive just pasted in the URL thing. Apologies if any of them have gone wrong. Some of my regular blog friends ( who have already had the award) can be found in my blog favourites. As someone who would be quite happy being on her own for most of the time, which I'm not actually, I would like to say a big thank you to all my blogger friends for welcoming me into the blogging community and expanding my circle of friends.


Today was wet to start so as we both wanted to go into Barnstaple, Peter and I decided to take a walk along the Tarka Trail which runs alongside the estuary from Bideford to Barnstaple and then down to Braunton. We walked some of the bit between Barnstaple and Bideford. Luckily the rain cleared and the sun even tried to shine.

Looking up towards Barnstaple.

Originally the track was the railway line that linked all the small towns in the area. It is a favourite with cyclists. We haven't walked it before as the lure of the rugged coast has always been stronger.







A road bridge that went over the railway, ...





..... and from the other side.


3 comments:

happyone said...

Love the path. As always when I see a path it makes me want to take a walk on it. :-)

Thanks so much for the award. It was nice of you to think of me.
I always enjoy reading your blog!!

Frances said...

Why, thank you for the award!!!

I'm all chuffed now. :-)

Domestic Executive said...

First things first - these pictures are amazing, great perspective and the autumn colours are lovely. We don't get enough autumn colour here in the land of native ever greens!

And, I am totally bowled over that you've nominated me for this award. I think that the blog reading pleasure is reciprocal - I get such a buzz to see the comments you leave and know you're out there reading. Thank you thank you, for the award and being my blog friend.