Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 November 2008

A Busy Day.



The sun was just starting to set as I drove home from school. The morning was spent slaving behind a sewing machine and the costume is looking .... acceptable, though I will need some safety pins at strategic points. Year 1 children in the afternoon and then back to school for a New Parents' Meeting. As I drove into town the full moon was making the clouds look very dramatic in shades of grey. I got to wondering, does the phase of the moon stay the same or is it different depending where you are in the world? Did you have a full moon last night? Vytas, you've got a degree in space science , perhaps you could email me an (abridged) explanation.

It was a well run meeting despite our boss having been off sick ( literally) on Monday and running a temperature by the end of the meeting. The parents I spoke to all seemed very nice, I taught the older brother of one of my 3 new children and I got on well with the whole family . Mind you some of the less caring/co-operative parents will be ones who wouldn't come to meetings.

As I drove home I reveled in the warmth of the hot air blowing on my feet. My 25 year old landrover had a lever for heat but it didn't seem to make any difference so I always kept small blankets to put over our laps to keep warm. That landrover is now restored and being driven around in the US. I don't know if it would have new registration plates now but its number when I had it was A613 LEG.

1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Good luck with the costume!

... It was a full moon here! Couple of interesting links I found with a quick google - though having read it all I would still struggle to explain it to my children! Sarah

http://homepages.maxnet.co.nz/creation/moon.html

http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=auckland