Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 November 2008

A Job Completed.

At last the tidying up of the side of the drive is done. This is the before picture. I didn't mind the grass in the middle of the drive but it made the 'washing away' problem worse.
Work in progress - Linas dismantled the old fallen down block wall and stacked the blocks for me and Romas did some of the heavy weed clearing.

Job done- the ornamental grass that I planted has a fair chance of surviving. The London Pride at the bottom end only has a slim chance but as it was a clump that was being cleared away anyway I thought I'd give it a go. I've a nice rockery sedum with dark red flowers that I shall use to cover up the rest of the bare soil but not until spring. It's not that I don't like bare soil, just the weeds that are bound to grow there.
It's been a house of ailing people this weekend. Romas is suffering badly from a 'boil on the bum' and a nasty cold, Pete woke up with back ache after moving his servers yesterday and yesterday evening I was hit with severe gastric pain. Apart from being extremely painful I was annoyed because I know that I have to be careful eating fatty foods especially when I've not eaten any for months and I over indulged yesterday. Well it's a good warning just before the festive season and going out for meals with work colleagues etc. It would be so embarrassing to be struck down in company. As long as I watch what I eat I'll be ok. It's all due to the medication I take.
This morning I had to go into town to get painkillers and drawing paste from the chemist. I am not a fan of Sunday shopping but the High Street was full of families doing their Christmas shopping. I heard one little lad say plaintively " Are we going to be much longer?". I'm sure he would have been much happier kicking a football about in the park or going for a walk on the beach.
Linas has been home for the weekend , he has been going to the gym every day and he tells me that they don't go out that much because they have too much work to do for their assignments - good!

6 comments:

happyone said...

Nice job on the drive - looks good.
Sorry to hear all is not well at your house. Hope you are feeling better real soon.
Hope your week is sunny!

Domestic Executive said...

Heck, I thought my drive weeding was hell. I think you've done a fantastic job Ruta. You can sit back in your chair over the winter and reflect on your hard work.

Ruta M. said...

Thanks for the compliments but there's plenty more work to be done. It's just that I carefully have avoided taking photos of the untidy bits of the garden.

Catching the Magic said...

Wow! That's an incredible amount of work and what a great result - congratulations!

Love the comment about the little boy whilst you were out shopping - I always leave the children at home with Daddy'O' when I'm doing the shopping - it's just not much fun for them (and more fun for me that way!).

Sarah x

Catching the Magic said...

Sorry, meant to add I hope you all feel better soon and can enjoy some small delicacies over the festive season!

Sarah x

Ruta M. said...

Thankfully chocolate does not cause me any digestive problems , though it's not too good for the weight gain!