Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 15 November 2008

Happy News.

Congratulations to Vytas and Kate!
Vytas phoned earlier this evening to tell us that after 4 years of going out together he and Kate have decided to get engaged. They don't have any plans to get married for a few years but isn't that lovely news. They met when they were in their first year at Leicester University and living in the same halls and seem to be a very well suited couple. Peter and I are very pleased that they have decided to make this commitment to each other and they already know that we wish them every happiness. They'll be coming down for at least a week at Christmas so maybe Vytas will sort through the rest of his stuff that is overflowing Peter's study. (Hint, hint.)

Today we had ground level clouds which didn't lift until the middle of the day when I was able to get out and do some work on tidying up the edge of the drive. Well, I couldn't have gone out earlier because I had a really long sleep to make up for only sleeping 3 hours on Thursday night due to various aches and pains. It's mostly a matter of managing pain killers though I'll be happy when I finally get an appointment at the Bristol Dental Hospital because my lying, money grabbing NHS dentist refuses to do root canal filings.




There are a surprising number of roses still flowering in the garden. Usually I prune back the roses growing on the front of the house in the autumn half term but I don't want to start that job while there are so many flowers left.

















A few more of the roses around the garden.

4 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Oh congratulations indeed to Vytas and Kate. I remember getting engaged and telling our respective parents. It was actually quite stressful as we wanted it to be a surprise which is was but they were delighted. In fact my father in law cracked open some whiskey and was late to work the next day the first time ever in his career!

These pictures are great too - roses - that's what's missing from our garden but next year definitely!

Catching the Magic said...

Congratulations Vytas and Kate! And how wonderful that you still have roses in bloom - must be a sign from the Gods that love is most definitely in the air!

Dan and I also met in our first year at Uni - but it took him six year's after our first meeting to propose! He asked my Dad whilst they were visiting us in NZ - but it took Dan six month's later to actually propose - so my parents had to keep a very big secret for a loooong time and probably wondered what was going on! Dan did try to propose 2 times before he actually popped the question - but each time a friend/or situation made it not quite the right moment! Third time lucky!

Best wishes to the happy couple!

Sarah
x

Marrisa said...

Awww congrats to them both!! How lovely! Your roses are looking nice, I have never been a fan of roses I must say, but they do look lovely!

Sorry to hear you havent been too well, I hope you are recovering well now? xx

happyone said...

That is happy news!! Congrats to Vytas and Kate!!

Love the roses - so pretty!!

I wish I could send you my dentist. He is the best dentist I've ever been too. He really LOVES being a dentist!! He is GREAT!!