Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 November 2008

The Valley of The Rocks .... part 2

All is quiet in the house. Most of the youngsters left yesterday and Linas and Gemma went this afternoon. I carried on in 'housewife' mode and cooked a roast dinner and for once the Rayburn was hot enough to make good roasties. Peter has been suffering today with a very painful elbow again but hopefully the anti-inflammatories will settle it down. My afternoon was spent gardening. I'm a bit disappointed that my cold took up most of the holiday but then I wouldn't like to have gone to work while I was feeling rough. No looking back, I need to look onwards and plan the next stage of the house and garden tidying. I'm in school all day tomorrow to cover for injury, family complications and birthing class.


Now for .... The Valley of The Rocks. ...... part 2
Goats and Rocks.

There are many wild goats in the valley. This has caused some bitter arguments in the neighbouring town of Lynton as they do go in and raid peoples' gardens. There was an outcry last winter when the town council quietly got in a marksman and shot a large proportion of the herd.
Yesterday the goats were enjoying the sunshine and keeping out of the wind near the car park.


Some of them had quite spectacular horns.

They are very used to people and it is easy to photograph them. I think this young goat was just as interested in Gemma, maybe hoping for a treat though you are not supposed to feed them.



Everywhere you look there are magnificent rock formations.




















It's a long way down, and I don't like heights!

2 comments:

GemmieV said...

oh great, me in that wonderfully stylish red hat :P
it did keep my ears warm though :D

happyone said...

I loved looking at all the rock formations and I would love to walk along that path!!!
Too bad the goats caused such a problem that they had to be shot!!
Hope your work day goes well tomorrow.