Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 June 2009

Arts' Fortnight.

The day started with a promise of warmth but deteriorated to overcast and finally rain by 6.00 when I was driving home. It was a late evening at school because we had staff training session, this time on painting flowers using powder paints. We all became engrossed in attempting to mix the correct colours and paint our flowers. It all helps us to understand how to approach painting with our classes. Arts' fortnight has started well in the class. Today the children made clay leaves with bugs on them, stitched spiders' webs and built all sorts of junk models. Everything was wet in the garden when I had a quick look around with the camera. This blue water iris is a little out of place around the pond which has a strict colour palette of white/yellow/orange/(red) but I fell in love with it and had to buy it.
This vibrant pink bush rose is rather brash but it is a good garden plant , hanging onto its flowers through the fiercest of winds.

One bit of good news, I got my documents back from NZ and I am now officially registered to teach in NZ. That is once I've been allowed to emigrate there and been given a work visa. That's the next lot of forms and documents to deal with, another big task to be dealt with.


4 comments:

Julie said...

yeah for being allowed to teach in NZ... whenever you have time Ruta, I would love to know why you are going there...is your whole family going too and are you from England or did you go there to work too. Just so curious!!!

Ruta M. said...

The plan is for me and Peter to go there for good but as Peter is too old to apply for imigration as a needed worker (55 is the limit) I'm applying. Primary teachers are on the severe shortage list so we may stand a chance. It is VERY difficult to be accepted for imigration to NZ. Of our 3 sons one wants to definitely come, one may and the oldest is ensconsed in academia here and wouldn't. And that's all our family. We were both born in the UK of imigrant parents from Lithuania.

happyone said...

Congrats on your first step on getting to NZ. I was wondering all the same things that Julie was!
Thanks for all the info.

I love the pink rose!!!

Domestic Executive said...

Ruta, congratulations what a milestone. I suspect that is the easy bit over! It should be easy now to find the dream job - but oh where in New Zealand to live. The champagnes on me when you get here!