Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 June 2009

Reports Are OK.

Hooray ! My reports are finished and been passed. And all the photos done. That's a big hassle over with.
This evening I sat in my outdoor office (surrounded by the sound of birdsong) and wrote in all the children's comments about the past term/year. Now I just have to collate the profile printouts with the comments documents and the photographic record pages and then all will be ready for the parent interviews next week. After that we have to send data to a central collection point and photocopy the reports once the parents have returned them with their comment sections filled in. Oh and then we send the reports home again and file all the copies in the office. A teacher's work is never done.

I couldn't resist a walk up the hill to say hello to the horses and to try and take some pictures of the sunset. Every now and again there was the beautiful scent of the wild honeysuckle growing in the hedge. I got back from my walk just before 10.00 while it was still quite light. Even once the light had gone there were still birds singing loudly.

When I first came home I went up to the bedroom to find a swallow frantically flying around our bathroom. I did toy with the thought of getting my camera but I thought it was stressed enough and I opened the window so it could fly out



I've got lots to look forward to this weekend. Tomorrow Vytas will be coming over for supper. ( He's down for his annual Karate club camp which happens to be only 8 mins drive from here.) and on Sunday we're invited to a fellow teacher's house to celebrate her Ruby Wedding with strawberries and cake in her lovely garden overlooking the sea at Coombe Martin.


I took this picture of a perfect rose, (ignore the blackspot on the leaves), yesterday morning.

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely day - the scenery and rose are gorgeous - I can just feel the evening light and hear the birds singing. Enjoy your break when all the work is done.

happyone said...

Wow so much paper work for you to do. I bet you'll be glad then it's finally done.
How nice to walk so late at night and still have it light.
The rose is so pretty - I like the water drops on it too.
Sounds like a happy weekend for you. :-)

Domestic Executive said...

Whatever happened to teachers scrawling a few - could do better - onto a report sheet? Sounds like bureacracy gone mad.

Sarah Lee said...

Phew! Well done on the reports! I remember my Mum staying up to midnight and beyond on those darn reports - and moaning about the Government a fair bit, with a few rants on 'teaching isn't what it use to be...' She loved the actual teaching, but it was the bureacracy that drove her to retirement!

As for your photographs - oh wow - they really resonate the warm glow of the summer's evening and I can imagine the sweet smell of your garden and the sound of bird call (glad you managed to free the one trapped in your house!).