Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 June 2009

A Drop Of Sun.

What a difference a little bit of sun makes. The day started wet, windy and cold. I even wore a jacket whereas yesterday I was in a vest (as usual). After a hectic day of all sorts of art activities I drove home in glorious sunshine, I'm always thrilled when the sun shines. 5 minutes around the garden produced some lovely shots.
No apologies for showcasing this iris again, I think it's perfect in colour and form.


Almost as beautiful are these flag iris.



And even the humble wild water iris lights up in the sun.




This little dragonfly was out enjoying the sun.



As was this butterfly in the scree garden.


I got so excited to see some sun and the way the light was shining through the foliage.























2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

I've just planted out my iris bulbs and these photos remind me of what is yet to come. Great shots.

happyone said...

That iris is perfect!! All your photos are gorgeous!!!