Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 June 2009

A Hot Day.

It's been another very hot and humid day. At school the coolest place was the main building which has lovely high ceilings. Most of the classrooms and the staffroom are in huts and they were horribly hot even with all the windows open. I don't know if it is just the heat but a lot of my class seem to be sickening and wailing. I sent 2 home today, one with either heat rash or chicken pox. The trouble is that as soon as you send one child home there is a group of ailing children who get mysteriously better when it is playtime. We had a successful whole class baking session in the morning though there was a bit of disappointment that they weren't going to eat the cakes. Tomorrow I've got some little ice lolly moulds which fit in nicely with our curriculum objective of investigating freezing and melting.

There was an interesting sky this morning, it has been overcast for most of the day and the forecast is the same for tomorrow with a 10 degree drop on Thursday.


I can't get over what an incredible year this has been for roses. This was idea I had in mind when I first designed the garden. I love designing gardens especially when there are challenges such as limited space (as in our London garden- 120 ft long but only 15 ft wide), or a complete lack of soil as in this current garden, and of course a limited budget. I'm pretty happy with this garden but it takes more time than I can give it when I am working full-time. I'm looking forward to giving it a good tidy up once the summer holidays start.









3 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Ruta; OH what gorgeous Roses you have, I am sorry to hear about all the bad heat that you all have to put up with. I so remember those days when I was in school, and air conditioning was not even thought of yet.... lol I pray that things cool off a bit for you. We have been having very hot and humid days here too... love all of the other photos as well... stay cool..

Hugs;
Alaura

Ruta M. said...

Nope, air conditioning here only exists in carsand shops. That's because this kind of weather only happens for a week or so every 4/5 years. I'd be happy with a sunny 20 C.

Domestic Executive said...

Oh what I would give for a bit of your warmth right now. Great pictures of the garden - it really is in full bloom now.