Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 June 2009

Mixed Weather.

It was grey and wet this morning , but not so cold as the past few days.
All the plants in the garden were very wet including the red currants hanging over the gate to the hen run. That means I got showered with cold water going in to feed the hens and again when I went out. I finally put the summer plants, (surfinias and trailing geraniums), in the hanging baskets. I've had them for quite a while but the winter flowering pansies were looking so good I didn't have the heart to clear them out till now. The recent heavy rain has made the ground nice and soft so I got on with some weeding. I'm always amazed at how a tiny plant only a few mms across has several cms of root. I tidied up the whole of the scree garden and luckily found plenty of ornamental grass seedlings (frosted curls), growing in the path. I was able to put them in the places where the mature clumps hadn't made it through the winter.

I had to take a quick trip to Tescos in Ilfracombe to scavenge some packaging I needed for an art project, ( the moulded trays apples and melons are packed on). The mission was successful and the sun was shining so I stopped and took a few pictures of the view across the Bristol Channel to the mountains of Wales.






Dark clouds have been looming all afternoon and evening but it stayed dry for my gardening and a final half hour with a book.


It does look as if we are due for some very heavy rain again.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Oh what weather misery - such typical English summer weather!