Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 June 2009

A Lovely Day.

The sun has been shinning all day and it has been hot, hot, hot. Blazing hot out in the playground but lovely in the dappled shade and breeze in the Secret Garden which is where we took our children for this afternoon's playtime. Even first thing this morning it was nice and warm out in the garden. I was also in a good mood because my sore throat is much better today. One less ache and pain to grumble about.
Before work I had to drop the micra in for its MOT. I was a bit worried because a colleague at work has exactly the same car, even the same colour, we just have different stickers. Her micra had to have an MOT last week and the cost of the work needed was £1,000 so that's the end of her micra. I knew the exhaust was falling off my micra so for the last few days I've been driving Pete's car. Luckily the cost of a new exhaust plus the MOT and some welding came to just over £200 so my micra lives for another year.
As I walked into the school grounds a couple of squirrels were playing in The Secret Garden. We have a squirrel on the school logo so it was nice to see them around the place.

Here he /she? is thinking about leaping to the next tree.


This shot would probably be quite good if I lightened it with photoshop.
It was still warm this evening so it was another barbecue which we ate up by the scree garden which catches the last of the sunshine. I can't believe that we've passed the summer solstice and that the nights are now getting longer. In my mind summer doesn't begin until we break up for the school summer holiday which is 3 1/2 weeks away.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I think your garden is so pretty. Exactly what I think an English garden should look like. I love all the stones in it. It's really beautiful!!

Sarah Lee said...

The first photograph of the squirrel is absolutely perfect! They are so cheeky and I used to be entertained for hours back in England at my parent's home. Looks like a stunning day and your garden really is beautiful.