Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Misty Morning.

It was a misty morning today. The day stayed overcast but warm and the threatening rain held off.





As ever I'm enjoying Arts' Weeks though some of my colleagues are looking forward to a return to their normal timetables. In the reception classes we've continued our daily phonics sessions and all the individual reading. A lot of our maths teaching is through what I've called 'Maths in Action', where maths is intertwined into our daily routines rather than being separate activities, so that continues as well.
I went to see the doctor today about my arm. Not a very useful visit as my GP is away for the week and the doctor I saw didn't make any diagnosis. He ended up asking me what I wanted! and when I suggested physiotherapy might help he agreed to refer me too the physio. He also gave me some stronger painkillers as I'd said the co-codamol had no effect. I can take these up to 4 times a day so I took some when I got home and now I feel totally spaced out. I think I'll stick to taking them just before bedtime.
Update on the Swine Flu situation in the UK. 1,200 people diagnosed and 1 person has died though the reports say there were other factors. To put this in perspective, 10,000 people die each year in the UK from 'ordinary' flu.





Finally I had to show off my flower of the moment in all its double glory.



3 comments:

happyone said...

We've had a few of those misty mornings like that too. Like the photos you took.

Julie said...

those are great pics and I am sorry about your arm. I hate when I go to a doctor and I don't get any answers that I need...

Domestic Executive said...

You sound upbeat despite the pain in the arm. I'm staggered by the doctor's response - since when was self diagnosis in the GPs office on the NHS?

Great pictures again - very atmosphere and some show off iris!