Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 June 2009

Soggy Saturday.

Yesterday was a roller coaster day. The pressure has been lifted now that the moderation is over and I was even given some lovely roses by my Headteacher. Before the school day started we had a staff meeting so that we could be told who will be the new Headteacher, (from Jan). The candidates visited the school on Wednesday but I only had a conversation with one of them , so I had no preferences. Before lunch we had a moving dedication of a tree seat in the Secret Garden which will be known as 'The Memory Seat'. The seat is memory of the father of one of our school families who died very suddenly last year. His 3 children and another boy who lost his father very recently, all had helium balloons which they let go while all the rest of the children sang a song. It was hard for us adults to keep a dry eye. This was followed by all the children having a picnic to which families had also been invited.I had to nip out to the doctor's for a blood test so missed the picnic. We had also had children from all classes doing all sorts of activities in the secret garden from pond dipping to painting the steel (oil) drums which will be an in situ music area. Some of my children sat in the story area in the middle of a spiral willow tunnel, and were told a magical story by Anne who works alongside me. They were so excited when they came back to class. We had a good planning session in the afternoon for Arts weeks and then stayed late after school getting our rooms ready for Monday and sorting stuff for the week. I've got to have an x-ray on my knee first thing on Monday so I had to get everything ready for Anne who will hold the fort for the first hour. When I got home I felt so guilty about not doing any sit-ups for a week , that I did my 500 even though it was quite hard. After that I was so shattered I fell asleep in front of the tv and had to go to bed.

Today the weather continued its slow decline. The last 2 days have been much cooler with little sunshine and today has been decidedly cold.
The morning weather forecast held a met office weather warning for heavy rain and also mentioned that it has now stopped snowing in the Pennines. It's June, supposedly summer !
Actually this is typical British summer weather. Two years ago it rained every day for 6 weeks. Outdoor events are always hit and miss, it's more likely to be wet than not. That's the reason everyone tries to go abroad for their holidays.

The roses over the porch are out in their soggy glory while the wisteria has already been munched by the snails. The day has been spent doing a bit of school work and lots of tidying up in the kitchen followed by my sit-ups so I don't feel guilty about eating some treats.


Thursday morning I got this good shot of a buzzard in a tree.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We are having your weather here. :-) It's been rainy and cool the last three days. Today we did see some sun at the end of the day.