Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 20 August 2009

A Day Spent Looking At Photos.


It's has been very autumnal today. We've had about 8mm of rain most of it in one heavy shower early this morning. The rest of the day has been very windy with some sunshine and lots of short heavy showers. We had to go into town first thing in the morning and I was able to find some spiral bound scrap books in the cut price shop. They are very nice with board covers and black pages. I bought the 5 they had on the shelf as I want to continue having separate albums for each of the boys as well as for other topics. In fact I like the new albums so much I will try and buy more, (if they have them), to transfer all my photos from the big scrap books I originally put them in. For the rest of the day I sorted out all the negatives which luckily were mainly already dated and then throwing away all the double and dud photos I was storing. Now that I have gone digital I will still print out some pictures for the albums as I get so much pleasure seeing how much the boys/friends/ pets/ the garden, have changed over the years. Every time the boys came into the kitchen they were called over to reminisce over another set of photos. On our way back from town we came across a buzzard sitting on the fence. It kept flying to a new spot down the fence before the camera would focus so I settled for some long distance shots.




Linas and Romas cooked up a hearty spaghetti bolognaise for supper so I went up the hill for a walk afterwards. It is so good that we can walk straight into the countryside though of course I'm never satisfied and long to be able to walk by the sea or on the moors rather than through the fields. I blame it on my early childhood where the sea was five minutes from our front door.

No comments: