Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 August 2009

Not A Good Day.

Wednesday was a miserable day. The cloud level was so low it enveloped the house and garden making everything wet with very fine rain. It was one of those days where I found it hard to get my mind and body into gear. It took lots of coffee and most of a book before I could gird my loins and carry on making the house ready for our guests.
Later in the afternoon the clouds lifted a little , (just to the top of the hill), and I decided to nip to Brian Fords to do some food shopping. It was quite a surprise to find the whole town in a major traffic jam. The roads were solid from the Muddiford turn-off, all through Pilton and Chaddiford Lane and up and down Braunton Road as far as the eye could see . It would be normal traffic for London but not for down here. It was only when I had crawled over the bridge that the reason became clear. There had been an accident on the 'stones' roundabout between a lorry and a motorbike. Tragically the biker had been killed and the lorry driver had been arrested, something that usually only happens when the cause is clear. I found out from the local news that the biker was a local man in his 50s, somebody's son, probably husband and dad. What a waste. It is just so sad when something like this happens.









3 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Oh, that's so tragic and with the somber, foggy photos I feel very sad for that poor biker's family. I do hope tomorrow is a little brighter for you. x

happyone said...

Oh, that wasn't a very good day.
How awful about the accident!!
I hope its a sunny day for you today.

Domestic Executive said...

Road accidents are such a waste of life. I never get over the risks people take driving. Like you say, not a good day.