Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 29 August 2009

End Of Dragon Dreams.

It's been quite a good day today. First of all, well not too early, Peter and I took a load of stuff to sell to the antique shop man. This is the shop that still has the dragon roof tile I was lusting after and my plan was to get a good exchange deal. However, Peter persuaded me that buying the dragon wasn't such a good idea as spending £200 on a breakable object might be asking for trouble. As I had already done some research on the web and found out that this was only a repro item and as I wasn't so keen when I saw it close up I decided that I would pass up on the dragon. We were very pleased to get over £100 for some chairs and small bits of furniture that all needed fixing and had been moved from my mum's attic to our attic in London and then to our attic in Devon. Really I just wanted to get rid of them and make a little money at the same time. I want to buy something specific with the money and am thinking about some stainless steel saucepans as I find my Le Creuset cookware far too heavy. I was also chuffed to buy a summer top in the sales and when I took it to the checkout the reduction had been increased from 50% to 70%.
Back home I got Linas to help me load up the micra with more stuff for the dump. I also enlisted his help to take photographs while I was driving back from the Ilfracombe dump.
The road runs along the side of a steep valley, this is the only point where you get a view across the valley to the farms and hills beyond.
For most of the time the road is enclosed by trees as it winds its way up the side of the valley.

There are lots of sharp bends in this part of the road until it joins the main road.


This is the main road looking towards the hills of Exmoor.

And then onto our country road.

Looking down somebody's drive into our valley. Dingles is hidden in those bright green trees in the middle of the picture. The small white buildings are our neighbours' new house.

No comments: