Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 August 2009

An Ordinary Tuesday.

It has been warm and dry but overcast today. I had to take Linas into town and fitted in a visit to the bank and the post office. All the local village post offices have closed down and you have to go to the main Post Office which often has a queue of 20+ people. Today there were only 6 people in front of me so that wasn't too bad. We also dropped of a load of stuff at one of the charity shops. I started doing some weeding in the garden until I discovered that although the boys had cleared some big overhanging branches from the chickens' run they had simply dumped them on my neighbour's land. So I've had to start sawing up the branches so that they are not such a mess and can be discretely burnt before my neighbour gets upset about me using his land. The various crocosmia in the garden are giving lots of cheery colour in the garden. Especially good on these dismal grey days.





As soon as the morning damp had cleared out came the butterflies and bees. This Small Tortoiseshell was warming itself on a rock in the scree garden.

3 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Lots of colour certainly can cheer you up on a dark grey day. I chuckled to think of you having to saw up the branches - if you want a job doing.......!

happyone said...

All that color looks so pretty next to the stones of your house!!

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Ruta; I love your garden photos. It is just lovely.. hope your not too sore chopping up all the branches your sons left.... boys what can you do..... thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers.... have a great week.

Hugs.
Alaura