Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 August 2009

Goodbye To Friends And Family.

The house is very quiet, (apart from the distant sound of drumming from Romas' room), as all our guests have now left to head north up the M5 away from rainy Devon. As I always do I took photos of the youngsters just before they left. I have done this at the end of every visit and I thought it would be fun to show how they have grown over the years.
2009
Linas, Kate, Vytas, Alex & Romas.

2007

2006



1999
Vytas, Rachel, Alex with Milo, Linas,
Romas & Zulu.


1998



1996
Alex with Smudge.

1995
Don't they all look sweet.



Now that Vytas has a reasonable sized place and his own transport I was finally able to get him to sort through his belongings and take away the things he wants to keep. I've also got a satisfyingly large pile of black bags ready to go to the dump as well as some stuff for the charity shop. All the 40K scenery and bits in the conservatory have also been cleared, hooray ! And now that there is more room in the study Peter is sorting through his stuff and I should be able to make some more trips to the dump. I've got 2 weeks to go mad on a general de-clutter, that would be so good.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

What a wonderful record of memories you have of your tribe growing up. Sounds like it's a good job they've all gone away save they might be put in a black bag by mistake with all the clutter you are clearing. There is nothing more cathartic than having a good clear out. I'm going to do this during the summer as we've still got stuff in boxes which have now been there too long to be any possible use to us.

Sarah Lee said...

Lovely trip down memory lane and so fun for you all to look back on. Awesome work on the de-cluttering, it always feels so good when it's done - but I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes in the midst of the job!