Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 August 2009

Memories 1994.

As I've spent so much time transfering my negatives I thought I share a few memories from those days. (And it's been raining all day here so life's been pretty boring apart from a few mum-taxi runs into town.) It had been a wet summer, what a surprise, but when I ventured outside I found this lamb which had wandered into the garden. We'd had some trenches dug for electricity cables or water pipes and this lamb had been trapped down a trench for a day or more. It looked rather shaky which was why we brought it into the kitchen to warm up by the rayburn. When it finally stood up Big Cat took fright and apparently did a complete circuit of the room at cupboard height. We got in touch with the farmer that owned the lamb and he eventually came and collected it.
A very small Romas playing in front of what is now a bank covered with hardy geraniums. In those days we had a clear view right up the hill as there were no trees or bushes on the rough ground above our garden.

This was the bank 6 months after we moved in. I'd weeded it and persuaded some local road workers to come and dump ditch clearings at the top of the garden instead of the road verge and we barrowed it over the builders' dump in the hillside.

2 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Ruta; love the before and after photos of your garden... looked like lots of work, but then that makes it all the more meaningful. I enjoyed reading your post as always.. have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Cottage Rose said...

Its me again.... hehe I forgot the sweet liitl lamb,, love the photo of him,, glad he is ok...

Hugs; again...

Alaura