Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 August 2009

Plymouth And Back.

It was yet another early start today as Linas had asked me to be down in Plymouth by 10.00. After getting up Romas realised that he would be arriving in Weston at 9.30 and would nobody else would be there till the afternoon. He checked out advance train fares and it was cheaper to buy a ticket for Saturday from Barnstaple and so we bought a ticket for tomorrow morning.
I took the longer route to Plymouth, about 100 miles but it is only 3 roads and 70 mph for nearly all the way.Once I got to Plymouth we managed to load most of Linas' belonging, despite his demands that I return for a second run next week, and even had room to give Linas a lift across the city to his (voluntary) work. It was interesting to see Plymouth though I was concentrating on negotiating unfamiliar city traffic and had no rear view because of all the stuff in the car. There is a very long and wide shopping street full of massive 1960's department store buildings in a very grand style. It was an easy run home though by the time I got home I was feeling rather tired and nearly fell asleep sitting in the glorious sunshine. I got Romas to do a second cut over the lawns as all the wet weather had encouraged lots of growth and yesterday's cut just took the top layer off. Later we had some barbecued steaks and now we plan to watch a B monster movie, (a giant squid I believe).
Sunshine in the scree garden.


Down by the pond there are still a few arum lilies making sculptural shapes.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Rain or shine your garden always looks lovely. Good to know you're getting a bit of sunshine though. All this train travel you've been doing reminded me to book my ticket from London to Hereford to see my parents in three weeks time. It seemed strange to be booking a train ticket in Britain but brings me one step closer to my visit.

Glad to know the eyes are doing well, hope you are enjoying the new found freedom from glasses. You seem to always spot the most unusual photographic shots for the blog so we can benefit from your eye treatment too!