Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 13 May 2010

Concreting Finished.

The weather has been so fickle today. I woke up to see the sun shining and barely a flicker of a breeze in the trees, great for a day at home working outside. But no sooner had I got to work than a dark cloud appeared and an icy wind blew. Then it was sunny again, then icy cold and so on for the rest of the day. I replaced 2 big slabs in the paving by the house and did various repairs to damaged slabs as well. This is the last of the concreting for the moment. Redcurrants making their first appearance.
I even ran out of sand , again! but Peter got me one more bag on his way back from the physiotherapist. I used the intervening time to do some weeding as everything in the garden is suddenly bursting into growth. All the time I put into weeding earlier in the year is paying off now as the weeds are mostly seedlings and not difficult to deal with.
Down on the lake the geese are guarding their solitary gosling and the remaining call duck looks so lonely.

No comments: