Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 May 2010

A Job For Linas ?

The sun still shone today but there was a noticable amount of cloud in the sky. As I drove home my view of the hills to the north was obscured by the sea mist that was already rolling in over the cliffs. It is still quite mild outside at 10.00, reminiscent of holidays abroad.
The wisteria is hiding its flowers at the top of the honeysuckle on the house wall. It was one of the few plants planted by the previous owners and we didn't realise it was there until it began to flower 10 years after we moved in. Unfortunately snails are very fond of wisteria blooms and and we loose them quickly. I do my best to remove any snails I see lurking around on the outside wall but they are a major pest here.
After teaching in the afternoon I went and treated myself to a few more plants for the garden, a couple of trailing geraniums, some osteospermum which I've planted in place of the ailing rosemary and a tray of sweet pea seedlings. I've always wanted to grow sweet peas so I thought I'd give them a go. I have put aside my principles and sprinkled some slug killer around them to give the sweet peas a chance to establish themselves.
Peter drove Linas down to Plymouth this afternoon for a job interview. It's not a proper job, just a 6 week internship as a web designer at a legal firm but even if it didn't progress to a job it would be good on his CV. He has got through to the next stage and has to produce a piece of work for them before they make their decision. Let's hope he is successful.
This morning before I could do any gardening I had to walk over to the stables to ask if they had seen my gardening glove. Yesterday Peter had seen Active (the hound puppy they are walking for the Hunt) take it from the patio table but she had run off with it before he could get downstairs. Luckily Paul had found the glove and it was in the back of his quad bike trailer.

No comments: