Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 May 2010

Free Garlic ?

We've had lots of rain, all day long, and as it was quite cold I didn't appreciate the fact that the heater in my class wasn't working. I had to keep my fingerless gloves on for half the morning or there would have been a serious case of frostbite. At least I wasn't sitting at home hankering to be working outside. The forecast is for warmer weather soon but I'm not sure if they mean this month, this year or this century. Those 2 weeks of sun that we had in April could well have been our summer! Wild Garlic (Ransoms) growing on the verge at Ashelford Corner. A rapidly spreading wildflower that can be added to food to give a garlic flavour.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Now I would love to get my hands on some of that wild garlic. Not sure it grows here although wild fennel does.