Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Foal Sitting.

The sun seems to be taking its time to come out each day. This morning I carried on mixing up concrete and laying paving slabs in a fine drizzle & 7C. I finished off filling in the gaps between the slabs this evening and all that's left to do is a little tidying up of the front of the bottom step and the ground in front of it. My neighbour came down after checking on the foals to ask if we could keep an eye on them as they had to go to a family funeral. Ben, the slightly older more adventurous foal has been known to walk through the rail fence and prance about on the drive. I left Peter in charge when I went off to work and at one point he got worried because he couldn't see either of the foals from his study window. He walked up to the field only to find that both foals had worn themselves out with their mad racing about and were fast asleep in the grass. Spirea Bridal Veil growing by the barbecue. The sun appeared at lunchtime and once more there has been a glorious if cold evening.
At last the blossom on the apple trees is covering them with that fleeting blush of pink. I have been seeing apple trees covered in blossom showing above garden hedges in town for several weeks now but up here in the hills we are always a few weeks later with our spring and summer flowers.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I have seen the whole series of All Creatures Great and Small and you are right, I really liked them a LOT. I own all the DVD's and own and have read all the books too. :-) One of my all time favorites.