Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Job Change.

I've moved on from doing general building work to painting and decorating. A second coat of masonry paint this morning before work and primer this evening . By 'work' I am of course referring to that part of the day that I actually get paid for. Today the children's task was careful observation and painting using watercolours, of a dandelion plant. My aim is to get the children to actually look at plants and not just draw a lollipop on a stick with 2 round leaves at the bottom. They did some very interesting work today. At home the early summer flowers are just beginning to appear. The aquillegias seed themselves around the place but have a tendency to revert to shades of pink even though I originally planted a variety of colours.

The very first of the azalea flowers has opened. This yellow variety, though not so showy has a fantastic scent. I bought my 4 azalea plants at a local second hand auction. It might even have been the time I bought 2 armchairs for something ridiculous, I think it might have been £1. They were comfortable and survived several years of being jumped into by my boisterous family before we took them down to the dump.

2 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Beautiful.

We've been doing some water colour painting at home and I even managed to enjoy some painting myself, whilst Alice slept, which was a treat.

Domestic Executive said...

As one who had their exercise book thrown at them for their "ridiculously lazy" carrot drawing I can't see what's wrong with a lollipop stick with 2 round leaves at the bottom!