Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 May 2010

Evening Sun.

How many more excuses can I think of for not getting on with my work? Today's forecast of sunshine mixed with showers was, up to about 2 hours ago, actually heavy rain mixed with light rain. I've spent a lot of the day at the pc doing the most boring work for school. I had to look at the science and D&T section of the new curriculum in order to report back to the rest of the staff. Basically the content hasn't really changed and science is one of the core subjects where teachers will still have to refer to the old curriculum levels in existence. The layout of new strands & levels is quite good but now there is a whole new set of letters and numbers to delineate each strand to be learnt so that planning will contain the appropriate jargon. The Conservative manifesto specifically mentions overhauling the curriculum so how long is this 'new' curriculum going to be in place? I hate being stuck indoors so once the sun made an appearance I slipped on a pair of gardening clogs and went for a wander around the garden. That led to a stroll up the hill and then a further amble/shuffle (the clogs are too big) along the country road to check out the different views from the gateways.

Hooray ! blinding sunshine.


How lucky are we to have such a beautiful walk just by our home?


The whole countryside is looking fresh and green. On the other side of those hills are the cliffs above the Bristol Channel and from the top of the drive I could see the faint outline of the Welsh mountains on the other side of the sea. (I did put up a picture but Blogger won't let me move it down so I've taken it off again.)

2 comments:

Elora said...

Ooohhh! How beautiful! Lovely land. And so close to the sea, as well! I look forward to seeing more of your "beach" pictures, Ruta, as we get farther into spring. Lovely photos!

Domestic Executive said...

You are indeed incredibly lucky - great snaps as the weather improves. I was walking the bassets home today and thinking how lucky we are to have the countryside we do.