Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 May 2010

Plenty Of Company.

It was a pleasant end to a productive day. Sitting outside in the sun, (at last) in the peace and quiet of the evening, watching the swallows swooping about and the clouds wafting across the sky. A cup of coffee to hand and the satisfaction of washing and replacing all the gravel. I could do with more gravel , maybe when we get a big load in for the drive and yard. Now all I have to do is tidy up the various blocks and stones that are scattered artistically? about the paving and make those steps.


As well as watching the ponies and their foals I had the company of my neighbours' son and his dogs for a while. It is hard to garden when a dog is trying to lick your ear and then runs off with your gardening glove. I was also watched intently by the Canada geese who had brought their goslings up to the field, not a good idea with my cats around.

I dried and ironed my multicoloured t-shirt before putting it in the washing machine with a dust sheet. The result - one light pink dust sheet and one muted pink and purple t-shirt. Obviously the dyes were not colourfast. I had such fun with the dyes that I've searched on the net and you can buy powder that you mix with the dyes to fix them but at £12.50 a tub it's a bit pricey. Dylon do sachets of fix for their dyes but I don't know if it would work with the dyes we have at school.

No comments: