Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 May 2010

Election Day.

First keria flowers on a bush by the chickens' run.
I was so disappointed this morning when I woke to pouring rain. No possibility of making the second concrete step now until Saturday. And the weather forecast doesn't look good for then either.
Before going to work at lunchtime, Linas and I went down to vote at the local village hall. Scene of many WI meetings, the annual Produce Show, quiz nights and other local events. A generation ago this one room, then with outside toilets , was the local school. A friend told me how her husband used to ride his pony from here to the school and leave it for the day in a farmer's orchard. Voting stays open until 10.00 tonight so we won't know until tomorrow which party will be forming the next government. I don't intend to stay up till the early hours watching the counts come in.

From the village hall there is a beautiful view up the valley to this typical Devon farm with stone built buildings. If you were to follow the hidden valley for about a mile you would come to our part of the valley but the actual road goes up and over the top of the hill for several miles.

1 comment:

Elora said...

Ruta,

I believe I would fit right in to North Devon! It's beautiful! And, in so many ways, it resembles West Virginia. Thank you for the lovely photos! The Devon farm shot is so lovely!

Elora