Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 May 2010

Step One.

The first step is finally done. I can't believe how much concrete I had to mix up to lay the slabs and fill in the rather wide joints. The slabs on the terrace are imperial size, no longer available, so I had to get slightly smaller slabs and and spread them further apart so that they matched up with the terrace. It's not a perfect job but at least it is tidy.Golden sunshine at 7.00 this evening.
The afternoon brought some welcome sun and warmer temperatures. This morning the weather man had spoken of snow in the Scottish lowlands (as well as the Highlands) and even some snow over the Penines (North of England). One of my teaching afternoons was swapped for today so I was back at work this afternoon after a quick trip to the builders' merchants to buy more sand and cement.
Lost another 2 pounds last week and am now filling in my chart in blue because I am no longer overweight. According to the BMI chart I am a healthy weight for my height and age. Hooray! I will continue with the diet for at least another half a stone if not a whole stone as 'healthy weight' spans 3 stone and there are still plenty of wobbly bits that I'd like to see gone. Today's treats were half a bar of white chocolate in the morning and after my concreting Peter had cooked my favourite cheese/ cabbage/ potato & onion casserole with added kabanos.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!
Way to go!!! :-)