Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 22 May 2010

A Perfect Day.

Sunshine ! Blue skies ! Warmth ! At 27C today it could have been a little too hot if it hadn't been for a warm breeze. A perfect day for washing, working, lazing - anything. After the usual morning kitchen clearing up jobs, I painted the first coat of gloss paint. A very satisfying job especially when you are using crisp white paint. A little weeding and hanging up several loads of washing completed my day's tasks.
No need to worry, this is not road kill, just Patch aka Fat Cat sprawled out in the yard. It's hard work being a cat you know.

At the end of my little shady woodland area I caught a glimpse of red. The rhododendron planted on top of our little cross-bred terrier Sprite, is about to flower.
Now please don't laugh, this afternoon, months after buying my Nikon, I finally stuck the handbook disc in the pc to see how to use it properly. The first thing I read was 'Please read this handbook before using your camera.' Ah, never mind. I have worked out most of the bits I need but I was stuck on the manual focusing and speed. I could adjust the focus but not the shutter speed. This was due to me not noticing a small black dial on the top of the camera. I shall dip into the manual from time to time as I need it but I'm going to ignore the stuff about the menus and display settings for the moment. One step at a time for me.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Great to know that summer has arrived for you. I hope the foray into the camera manual will allow you to get more wonderful photographs. I gave up on the manual for my camera and now reading a book about how to use I got for my birthday. All those dials and knobs have some useful purpose I just need to work them out!

Catching the Magic said...

Hurray for the sunshine! So happy to hear it's arrived for you and hopefully lingers for a decent stint too! Enjoyed your photographs and laughed at your cat - what a life!