Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 May 2010

More Rain.

I was so disappointed to look out of the window this morning and find that it was raining. Especially when the weather forecast had been for warmer weather. So no painting this morning. And the internet was crawling at a snail's pace, it was so bad I couldn't even use my email. It got a bit better after Peter reset the router. It was the little ones again this afternoon, phonic work and stitching pom-poms together to make caterpillars. Nothing too taxing.
Even the cows in Ron's field had settled down for wet weather. Martin came down later in his pick up as we are a bit concerned about a tree in his field that is leaning on the electricity cable. He's going to ring the electricity company to come and deal with it as it is in an awkward position.
I even pointed it out to the men from the electricity company when they were down trimming trees about 2 years ago but they looked at it and said it would be fine. Now they've got themselves a much harder job.
It looked as if the rain was holding off this evening So I went up to paint the first coat of gloss only to discover that instead of pristine gleaming white, the tin of 'Trade gloss' was beige looking magnolia. Luckily I still have the receipt so the tin of paint will be going back to B&Q on Friday.

1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

I like the first photograph, though I'm sorry to hear the weather's not behaving for you.