Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Captain Coconut.



Today I am thankful that we live in a temperate climate where our worst winter weather is usually miserable rain or lashing gales. For most years the snow can be counted in days or occasionally a few weeks. I love the beauty and crispness of the snow but it makes life treacherous and I remember how driving over snow and ice filled me with fear. Not to mention worrying about other family members. And life is not fun when the water pump freezes or the electricity supply is cut.


This morning the remains of the hail could be seen around the garden but it cleared by lunchtime. The roads were fine for my journey home though the garden is white once more from the most recent hail shower.


As I drove into town I could see the hills of Exmoor with a covering of snow or hail. We may be due a few more days of bad weather as a big weather front passes over us though there is a possibility that it may veer south and head towards Spain.




The children had their Christmas dinner at school today but I passed up the opportunity to eat with 180 excited children. In the afternoon the children were entertained by 'Captain Coconut'. This is a loud, fun bubble entertainment. He made all sorts of interesting bubble shapes including some that were at least 10ft long. It was an exciting afternoon for the children but I had to rush one child out just before he threw up. I hope that was the result of too much Christmas dinner and excitement rather than the tummy bug which is still going around the school. I came home from school with cards and even a few presents from the children. That's me finished for this term but I will be going in for the staff buffet and Secret Santa on Friday.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

From my part of the world to yours.....Happy Christmas and wishes for a good year to come.

happyone said...

Wow, that is some bubble!!