Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Watching Paint Dry.

It has been much milder today. Even so it was not a good idea to paint those window shelves yesterday as they show little signs of drying. I had thought the kitchen was reasonably warm - but not enough to dry paint it seems. That spurred me on to clean up an oil filled radiator we had brought down from the loft and that is now plugged in next to the newly painted shelves. I worry that the cats will jump up there and walk white gloss paw prints around the house. Today I am thankful for my camera and for digital photography in general. In the days of film, printing photos was a lengthy and expensive process. I was lucky that Peter worked in a photographic studio when the boys were little so I have many photos of them when they were small. Even so it wasn't practical to take numerous shots looking for the perfect picture. Only professionals could sit there sifting through a sheet of contacts for the best angles and light. Because photography is my way of capturing the beauty that I see in my everyday world I don't use photoshop but I have seen it used to great effect. Not only do I enjoy taking photos and capturing my world I love to look at them and relive the moment when I looked through the viewfinder.
After more pottering around the house and baking another batch of flapjacks I walked over to the stables to deliver a card and a present for Jack.


That gave me a chance to view our valley from a different angle. The green trees are a reflection of the amount of rain we get (my sheds are nearly as green).



Instead of going straight back home I walked up the hill to enjoy the views.


The sky was a little lighter with patches of blue showing between the clouds. At the top of the road were horse boxes parked on the verge as Wednesday is hunt day. Sarah came riding home from the hunt on a lively dapple grey horse. She knows my views on hunting but we don't fall out about it. It is her upbringing and her livelihood (keeping livery horses) and she assures me that they hardly ever catch a fox.


This evening I shall be going in to town to collect Romas from the train station. He and Vicky have recently split up which is unexpected and very sad especially at this time of year.

No comments: