Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 December 2011

Rain.

Today I'm giving thanks for Peter and our marriage. We've been married for 35 years and were engaged for 5 years before that. I wouldn't describe our marriage as the 'never a cross word' sort but we both have our faults and have learned to accept each other for what we are and to respect each other.. Together we have raised our sons, worked hard and enjoyed each other's company. Now that it is just the 2 of us once more we both have our own interests but we have joint interests too. I'm also very thankful that Peter enjoys cooking and does a good share now as I have got fed up with 15 years of providing 3 meals a day for this hungry family. That kind of takes the excitement out of it, at least for me.
Today the weather can be described as rain, rain and more rain. I finished sorting out our books and polished furniture in the sitting room.


I had to drive up to the road with our bags of rubbish for the fortnightly collection. The next one should be over the Christmas weekend but I don't expect there will be a collection until The New Year as our collection day is Monday.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta....married almost 46 years, dated for 4. Like you and Peter, we've cemented a bond based on simply living. A good life.

happyone said...

No marriage is perfect and it takes work to make a go of it, but so worth the effort. : )