Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 December 2011

Storms Approaching.

Today I'm giving thanks for the affection I get from the children at school. Because we work a 2 week system the children are never quite sure which class I'll be teaching. As I cross the playground from the car park a number always ask me which class I'm teaching that afternoon. It is so nice when I hear them shout "Yes" when I tell them that I will be with them that afternoon. I know most children bond with their teachers but is is good to know that although I'm only in their class a couple of afternoons a week they still think of me as 'their teacher'.
There were a few dry spells this morning but from lunchtime the rain just got heavier and heavier. A foretaste of the storms which are due to arrive at the end of the week. Peter keeps saying that we ought cut down the big beech tree at the corner of the garden because he claims that part of it is dead. Yet I've seen leaves on all the branches and think it is just wind sheer that makes it look a bit odd. But just in case part of it falls on that side of the house I've moved the Christmas presents to a room on the far side.



No comments: