Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 December 2011

Secret Santa.

With Christmas fast approaching I have been chatting to my boys via email and looking forward to seeing them home once more. So today I am thankful for our 3 sons, thankful that they have grown up into fine young men with their lives before them and thankful that they will always be part of our lives. We have celebrated the good times with them and wept for them when things have gone wrong. I guess that's what it means to be a family.
This morning I was back to the DIY, something I prefer to baking. Hopefully I have given a couple of the kitchen drawers a new lease of life by the application of wood, screws and bonding stuff. The drawers have wooden fronts, hardboard bases and plastic sides which is where the problems start. After 20 years of usage the clips holding the plastic together have become damaged/worn causing the drawers to fall apart. As replacement drawers cost £40 each I'm hoping that my repairs will last the few years until we move. Then the kitchen can be upgraded by the new owners.

Although I have finished teaching for the term I went back to school for our staff buffet & Secret Santa. It is a nice way to end the term with good company and tasty posh nibbles from M&S. No rude presents in the Secret Santa this year but quite a few well thought out gifts. One of the teachers had come in with her 2 year old son and he handed out the presents which was so sweet. I was given a framed certificate for 'Choreographer of the Year ' and a tiny crocheted key-ring monkey in a Hawaiian outfit. Very apt. I was also given more presents from the Year 2 children so I popped back into the classroom and opened them with the children. I've already eaten the cup-cake decorated like a Christmas tree but the biscuits and chocolates have been put away for Christmas.


It has been a bit brighter today but pretty cold. The Exmoor Hills are still snowy-ish. I'm not so concerned about the snow now as I can sit at home and plan journeys for later in the day.

No comments: