Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Evening Wear.

Peter has just come home to find me fast asleep on the floor doing my 'exercises' so I think I need an early night.

The wind has been raging all day long and it has been very wet. In Scotland there is a Red Alert for severe winds and I think we are getting the tail end of the same weather system. They have also had snowstorms while here it is fairly mild. Today I am being thankful for fleece, or to be more accurate polar fleece, that synthetic fabric made from recycled plastic that was first developed in 1979. The inventor of this material chose not to patent it thus allowing it to become a worldwide staple. I like fleece because it is lightweight and soft and I LOVE fluffy fleece. I don't feel my childhood was deprived though we were poor but it was certainly austere especially when compared to the stuff that children and teenagers now expect as a right. In spite or maybe because of this I have always had a hankering for fluffy or sparkly things & even pink! Pink doesn't suit my skin tones so I mainly confine it to bed wear. Before the days of fleece I knitted myself a few mohair jumpers and now I find I am drawn to fluffy clothes in the shops. Not only do they fill some basic need they are just so good at keeping me warm. I have to admit to a number of fluffy dressing gowns with hoods, (different weights, lengths & colours), and I do have a selection of fleece pyjamas which make great evening wear in these colder days. Our house may not be that warm but I am always cosy in several layers of lightweight fleece. We also have a number of fleece throws with my favourite being a large extra fluffy (teddybear pile) cream throw which was a Christmas present from a friend last year. That has pride of place on our bed and is so snuggly.

I was back at school this afternoon. This was an easy afternoon as it was yet again a performance of the Christmas Show. I am biased but I do think that the line dancing was the best in the show. The children had another performance this evening but as I am not a full-time member of staff I did not volunteer to stay on for an extra 3 hours in school. With the atrocious weather conditions I wonder how many parents decided not to take their child back to school. There has been a sickness bug going through the school for the last few weeks and today we sent one little boy home. He was complaining of feeling sick and looked as white as a sheet. While we were waiting for his mum to come he fell fast asleep on a big bean bag in the classroom amidst all the mayhem of 29 other children getting changed into their costumes. No misbehaving amongst the shepherds but 'Joseph' was happily beating time with the toy lamb for most of the songs.

Newsflash.

Linas has just phoned to say thank you for his birthday present and to tell me that he signed a 9 month contract yesterday. That is wonderful news indeed. He seems more excited that he has passed his motorbike theory test but we are so happy that things are working out for him.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow, falling asleep doing exercises. You must have been tired! : )
Good new about Linas!!! Good for him!