Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 December 2011

Only Pottering.

Today I am giving thanks for the fact that we live in this beautiful valley. I have only to step outside the door and there is the glorious countryside. Having spent most of my life living in London longing for the day I could get back to the country this is something special indeed.

It has been a cold quiet day at home. I've just been pottering around and tidying up, wrapping a few presents and doing some sewing (sewing a cushion back into its cover and repairing another cover). Peter spent time in the conservatory, until he got too cold, working on the woodburner doors. They are getting a complete overhaul this year with new metal pieces so that I don't have to worry that the glass could fall out. With luck it might be ready for Christmas (so it's only taken 4 months- do I sound a bit peeved?).

I braved the chill wind for a short walk up the hill. Every now and again the sun would shine through the gaps in the clouds,


casting long shadows (that's me), across the fields.
As it's Saturday night we have put the heating on to watch the Strictly final in comfort.

1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Lovely photographs and evening by the looks of things. How nice to do a post for every day of the advent on something to be thankful for. A really lovely idea.