Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 May 2012

The Beautiful Coast.

After filling the blog with photos of gigs I thought it was time to show the beautiful coast and some of the paths I walked along. The campsite was situated above the town in the centre of the 18th C garrison. Sturdy granite walls run right around the coast which is left wild and at this time of year is full of bluebells and other wild flowers.




I walked along this track accompanied by 2 dogs (their owners were behind me), one of which kept dropping a plastic bottle at my feet for me to kick along for him to retrieve.


Every so often there were points in the wall where cannon would have been placed to defend the waterways.


Which ever direction you looked there were small islands rising from the sea.


On Saturday morning I was out walking round the coast at 6.00 as it was far too lovely to stay in the tent. As I rounded the corner of the headland the garrison walls were bathed in a golden light.
Today we have been lucky enough to have more sunny weather. We thought about going for a walk but in the end decided to enjoy sitting in the garden at home. Later on I did a little weeding but for most of the time we simply relaxed.

PS Barnstaple gig club has only been going for 2 years not 4 as I had thought so we did very well indeed.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Again, Ruta, you have transported me through your lovely photographs and educated me on a part of the world unknown to me and gig racing as well. Can't thank you enough, each morning I look forward to your blog to take me away and learn something at the same time.