Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 May 2012

Golden Time

I had the chance for another lie-in this morning as I wasn't working till the afternoon. It has been dry today but not sunny so I did some assessments for one of my classes. I'm so glad that I have very little 'paperwork' to do. Teachers can and do work many hours in the evenings keeping up with all the extra work required of them. Friday afternoons at school are quite relaxed and I only had 9 children to work with on a specific painting task. Being me I got out lots more paints for 'Golden Time' and there were only 2 instructions, write your name and don't make a mess. The children loved having a chance to do some free painting. The warm weather has brought out more flowers in the garden. I only wish that the aquilegias hadn't all reverted to pink.
The first azelea flowers on the yellow bushes have opened. I look forward to smelling their heady scent when I go up to feed the chickens. Also by the chicken's run the green fruit have appeared on the redcurrant bushes. I might net them this year so that I have a chance to eat them before the birds get to them.


Tresco

1 comment:

lea said...

I like the pink columbines, mine have "intermarried" and made all kinds of different colors.
The plants on Tresco are amazing. I saw Proteas on the island of Maui and thought that they were stunning.