Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Ex-Pupils.

It has been much greyer today and when we had the whole school out on the junior school's field for a rehearsal of our Jubilee pageant we felt some drops of rain but luckily that was all.
It has been one of those teaching days where everything was quite flexible as we didn't know how long the rehearsal (in the morning) and the visit to the junior school (in the afternoon) would take so although I had planned other activities for the 2 classes we let things flow rather than following our usual tight schedule. Things do get more relaxed at this time of the year especially once the Year 2 children have completed their SATs tests for literacy and numeracy. Those will be over in a few weeks time and we can get on with the fun of an arts week and then the end of year events such as sports day and hopefully a whole school day at the beach. I took my class over to the junior school in the afternoon to visit the Year 3 classes they will be in after the summer. Although they do not yet know who their teachers will be or which of the 2 classes they will be in (we mix up the children at this point), it is good for them to visit for an hour and read books with the older children. It was especially nice for me as half of the class I was in were my last year's children. They sometimes wave at me across the playground but I don't get much chance to have a chat with them. Some seem almost the same while others have grown emotionally, physically and academically. Next time the whole school will be moving up a class for the afternoon so I will stay behind to meet next year's Year 2s who I teach regularly anyway.

No comments: